Friday, October 7, 2011

Where do I begin for Fall?

In my opinion, every great outfit starts with a pair of shoes.  If you can find the right pair that inspire you, the rest falls into place.  For this fall, I wanted to make sure I had a pair or two of inspiring shoes (well maybe more than 2).  I fell in love with this suede two-tone Miu Miu pump when I first saw it. Initially, I hesitated. When am I going to wear that 4 plus inch heel, especially given I am on maternity leave?!?  Not to mention, the things I want to wear that shoe with are not going to look great in my post-pregnancy body...or are they?

So yesterday I fed the baby, made sure he was good to go and started exploring my closet. Wow. A lot of items that needed to be re-energized.  However, the Miu Miu pumps sitting there with a big smile saying, come on try me on, at least you know I will fit!  There I was, underwear and Miu Miu pumps. Ok, you win.  You are my favorite pair of shoes this Fall...and more importantly, you are going to be the inspiration for my Fall Wardrobe, or at least the starting point!


For those of you wondering, the heel is super comfortable and really wearable because of the platform.  In fact, when and if I go back to Corporate America, these will be on my go-to list for comfort and style!